More than 50 Locations in Place across Australia Melbourne, Australia – 20 November 2010 –To support the first-ever Cat® on-road trucks, Cat® dealers in Australia have assembled a sales and service network that spans the nation with more than 50 sales and service locations.
The existing Caterpillar network, details of which were made public at the International Truck and Trailer Expo, Melbourne, is geared up to support the new Cat® CT610 and Cat® CT630, which are expressly designed and optimised for the Australian market. The trucks are being assembled in Tullamarine, Victoria by NC2, the joint venture between Navistar and Caterpillar.
“The Cat® dealers in this network have extensive market coverage, spanning across all states and territories throughout Australia. They are committed to the on-highway truck market and to ensuring that their customers are provided with the highest level of service,” said Robert Toose, Dealer Operations Manager for Australia.
“The members of this dealer network have a proud history of servicing the Cat® engine. They can now implement their knowledge and experience through a wider market by offering a total truck servicing plan for customers that provides a one-stop solution for truck operators.”
Dealers Provide Comprehensive Coverage in Major Markets
The new Cat® on-highway trucks dealer network in Australia includes the following well-established companies:
- WesTrac, which has dealerships throughout Western Australia, New South Wales and the ACT, with a footprint that extends well beyond the capital cities, and major rural transport hubs.
- William Adams, which has locations in Victoria and Tasmania, including two major truck servicing facilities at Laverton and Clayton in the Melbourne metropolitan region. Hastings Deering, which has a well-established background in on-highway truck sales and service in Queensland and the Northern Territory. The recent addition of their Cat® truck centre located at Richlands in metropolitan Brisbane further demonstrates their commitment to the truck business.
- Cavpower, which covers South Australia and is ideally positioned for on-highway sales and service, with dealership locations situated in main transport thoroughfares in Adelaide and Mt. Gambier.
Cat Dealer Network Offers Unique Advantages
Toose cited the advantages offered to customers by the Caterpillar Australia Dealer Network, which include:
- Dedicated truck technicians who have been certified by NC2 to provide service for these unique Cat® on-highway trucks.
- The right tools for the job, including access to all makes of parts required for sales and service to these vehicles.
- Cat Truck Roadside Assist, which provides comprehensive 24/7 support at a dedicated toll-free number, 1800 228 007.
- A consistency of service and support that cannot be replicated by the independent operators utilized by most truck brands.
- Cat Logistics, which provide all dealers with real-time freight and logistics solutions for Cat parts and trucking equipment for after-sales support.
- Cat Finance, which offers competitive packaged finance solutions to ensure Cat customers are looked after and have the peace of mind that comes from knowing they have the support of a truly global finance company.
“Caterpillar has a long history of providing best-in-class dealer service for customers, and the Cat® dealer network’s objective is to exceed customer expectations with the introduction of the CT610 and CT630 trucks,” Toose said.