Gough Group to sell and service The first Cat® On-Highway Truck is coming to New Zealand this month. The Cat CT630, which was first launched in Australia, is a conventional prime mover and is suitable for on-highway tractors and rigid truck and trailer applications.
Karl Smith, Chief Executive of the Gough Group, has welcomed the opportunity to sell & service Cat on-highway trucks in New Zealand. “The entire team is excited to be involved with Cat On-Highway trucks”.
“The Cat CT630, which uses the industry-proven Cat C15 engine, will be of great interest to customers who know its fantastic reputation for fuel efficiency, reliability and durability, in addition the truck features offer supreme comfort, control and safety features, which are well-suited to the needs of New Zealand drivers and fleets” Smith added.
“We have an extensive history in the truck industry and are well positioned to take the Cat truck business to existing Cat engine customers, and prospective customers, who seek a reliable product that can be serviced throughout the North and South Islands”.
“We have 18 outlets covering 95% of the New Zealand population base backed by convenient, 24-hour, 365-day service delivered via 240 qualified diesel technicians,” he said.
Bill Fulton, managing director for Cat trucks in Australia and New Zealand, said that since the Australian launch there has been great interest from New Zealand.
“The CT630 has received favourable reviews from Australian owner/drivers and fleet operators and has been engineered to cater for right hand drive markets like Australia and New Zealand.
Fulton cited the CT630’s leadership in aerodynamic design as a key feature.
“This product has been tested extensively in wind tunnels, and we are confident that it is the most aerodynamic tractor on the market. One important aerodynamic feature is the vehicle’s sloped hood, which increases visibility and decreases wind drag for improved fuel efficiency.”
“The combination of the trucks’ light tare weight, coupled with the aerodynamic styling and the Cat C15 engine, delivers best-in-class fuel economy for customers,” he said.
The Cat CT630 is also notable for its driver-centric design, which includes an array of features that enhance the driver’s comfort and control and the vehicle’s safety and reliability. Key driver-centric features include:
- An ergonomically designed control panel, which gives drivers complete command and control.
- An adjustable, air-suspended driver’s seat, which delivers comfort all shift long.
- Premium design and materials, which dramatically reduce vibration and provide top-quality sound insulation.
- A windshield that provides unparalleled visibility for safer driver manoeuvering.
- A lightweight bonnet, which enables the driver to tilt and conduct daily checks.
- The Cat C15 engine, which has a long track record in New Zealand, is rated up to 550 hp at 1,800 rpm and 1,850 ft-lb at 1,200 rpm. The Cat CT630 also comes with a Meritor RT-46-160 rear axle and a Hendrickson HAS-460 suspension. The Eaton Fuller RTLO20918B transmission with 18-speed overdrive will be offered as standard, with the option of Ultrashift Plus for those operators who require the auto-shift version.
“The combination of Cat trucks, along with the engineering expertise of Navistar and Caterpillar combined with the local experience and network of Goughs will ensure that the Cat trucks are successful in the New Zealand market and will perform well for fleet owners right around the country” said Smith.
The trucks will be officially launched in Auckland, New Zealand this month, followed by a nationwide 11 stop road show throughout the North and South Islands.
Check out when the Cat trucks will be near you on www.GoughsCat.co.nz